1.03.2013

Simplify: Email

I have a work email and a personal email and besides the very different user interface they look very different in a more significant way: 
My work email inbox (Outlook) has only messages that require action on my part - and is flagged if it is time sensitive.   Most of the time, I can see all of the messages in it without scrolling.  I am definitely more on top of filtering and sorting my work email. 
My personal email inbox, on the other hand, hasn't been cleaned up since the day I started it.  So as part of my resolution to simplify my life I decided to tackle the huge numner of emails sitting in my inbox.

Here is how I started: 
  • Select the first email type that you don't really want clogging your email inbox but you might want later
  • In he top bar select the pull down arrow under "More" with select "Filter messages like these"
  • It defaults to search from the address it was sent but you can add or change the search options
  • Select what you want to do with this type of email - Send to archive, send to spam, flag as important, etc.
I am hoping to see the amount of emails in my inbox reduce significantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment