1.16.2013

Go Green: Ditch the Paper Towels

This was a really hard decision for me to consider.  I hate laundry - wouldn't I end up doing twice as much without paper towels? 

I really did want to reduce my waste so I decided to try it.  Turns out my load of whites was never full so adding two or three tea towels didn't put me over the top into constant laundry.  I didn't go   through them as often as I thought.  Most of the things I was using paper towels for was not dirty tasks like wiping up messes.  I switched from putting a snack on a paper towel to a real plate.  Drying my hands after doing the dishes didn't actually dirty the towel and even wiping down the counter left the towel fairly clean.  I ended up switching out every other day or so.   

I love it and haven't looked back; plus it's nice to not have to shop for paper towels anymore.
 http://www.lushlee.com/2009/02/lovebirds-tea-towel/

No comments:

Post a Comment