1.19.2013

Multi-Tasker: Black Soap


I stay with a friend every other weekend or so and I wanted to be able to leave a few personal care items at there without being a burden.  I usually have my make-up case with me that is vey small and easily portable and also includes a deodorant, a toothbrush, travel sized toothpaste, and a nail file.  This basically takes care of the necessities as well as make up and lip gloss (which I consider a necessity)  but I also get ready for work there and needed body wash, shampoo, conditioner, etc. 

We were shopping in Whole Foods one day and found this product.  
I don't mean to promote one product over another, and I am sure there are more authentic products out there, but I love everything behind black soap. 

Black soap is a made from burning leaves from natural plants including banana, plantain, palm, shea and cocoa plants.  The ash is mixed with water and oils from other natural sources and left to dry in the sun.  Many products are fair trade and help support women in developing countries. 

Read more at http://shakara-naturaltips.blogspot.com/2012/02/what-is-black-soap.html#cQUUFfVySIhDX62O.99

What I love is that it is an all-in-one product.  This particuar product actually gets my very oily scalp clean, conditions and softens my hair, work beautifully as a body wash as well as a shaving cream.  I even wash my face with it and don't feel the need to follow up with a secondary wash as I often do.  I really love this and am almost considering replacing my other products.... almost. 

I really do love it for a weekend replacement.  It's the only thing I need besides the items I carry with me every day anyway.  And it smells great!

No comments:

Post a Comment